Friday Times Interview (a little belatedly), Indian and Canadian Cover, and More

This interview appeared a couple weeks back in the Friday Times, but the link mysteriously disappeared from my blog. In it I discuss the new book, attacks against religious minorities in Pakistan, including on blasphemy charges, and Nana's blasphemy case in my previous book, The Geometry of God. Here's the link again:
http://www.thefridaytimes.com/beta3/tft/article.php?issue=20121026&page=20

The interviewer is Awais Aftab and you can check out his excellent blog here:
http://awaisaftab.blogspot.com/2012/10/uzma-aslam-khans-interview.html

I also want to extend a special thanks to those who came out to hear me read from Thinner than Skin on November 8th. It was a cold weekday evening, but folks -- including many students -- still showed up. You give me hope.

And, and: Thinner than Skin is soon to be released in India, Pakistan, and Canada. Check out the cover below. The Indian edition is a very handsome hardcover, while in Canada it's a trade paperback, one of those soft, wrap-around things -- and with deckle-edged pages! I've always wanted a book with deckle-edged pages. The quality, color, texture, and cut of paper can make me supremely happy, and now, finally, with the fourth child, voila. Please go out and touch it.




No comments: