Fall Round-up 2010

Very Belatedly, thank you to everybody who came to hear me speak/read/fumble in San Francisco back in October, for the Granta 112 launch at Lit Crawl, Modern Times Bookstore. One person, with a lovely blog called Girl in Fog City, made a video of me during the Q & A. Watch if you dare! (I didn't dare for several weeks.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXRYTtVfj4w

Her blog about Lit Crawl was wonderfully detailed and fun:

Thank you also to Revolution Books in Berkeley for hosting a small but very lively reading of The Geometry of God. Reiko Redmonde does a terrific job organizing these events. All who live in Berkeley, I'm jealous.

I had a blast at the Marin School events, particularly the morning event, attended by very smart students. After I read an extract from "Ice, Mating," they asked some of the best questions I've ever been asked. Special thanks to Kieran Biz for his warmth and enthusiasm.

A lot's been written on the Granta issue (good, bad, & mixed reviews); here's a sprinkling:

One last thing. Granta asked its contributors to write on their Best Books of 2010. I chose Touch by Adania Shibli: http://www.granta.com/Online-Only/Best-Books-of-2010-Fiction If you didn't hear of this gem last year, you can still run out and buy a copy.

Happy New Year.


No comments: